Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Cards are on Sale at The Alaska SPCA Thrift Store!




This month, I will have more time to spend on blogging as I am staying at home with a healing fractured ankle and torn ligament which happened on January when I was jogging near my office area.

So, I would like to talk about what I have contributed to the various charities with my crafts when I am selling my cards at Etsy.

Etsy is a place where many artists are doing charity work. There are many forum threads where people are seeking others to chip in to help those in need. It is a great place to know what are the rest of the people doing besides their normal work.

Whenever I have the time, I will read the forums and participate any activities which I can contribute. I am a member of Etsy for Charity (EFC) and Etsy for Animals (EFA) and various other Etsy Teams.

Recently, I have to take on the EFC Group Leader role as the Group Leader, Erin, has tendered her resignation due to personal reasons. So, I will have more things to look after like managing the EFC Shop, promoting it, etc. It is not an easy task as it needs a lot of time to gather the members, get their support in the various activities and thinking of how to get more funds for the various charities.

I will introduce the charities which I have contributed and will continue to contribute if I can one by one from now onwards.

Let me introduce the first one to you which is The Alaska SPCA. I have donated my cards to the Alaska SPCA Thrift Store where they will sell them in their store. It is great to be part of this as I feel a sense of joy and excitement thinking that my cards are being displayed at Alaska which is so far away from Singapore.

This year, I have received a surprise reply from Andrea that my cards are almost sold out and I have promised her that I will be sending more cards to her this time round. It's great that I can use my crafts to help those animals in need!

Andrea is very good as she has helped to get my shop name mentioned at The Alaska SPCA website http://www.alaskaspca.org.

What a feeling!!!

No comments: